For dependable, overnight relief of constipation
Reference * IMS Health Global Sales Analyser Q4 2015, Value & Volume Sales.
- Dulcolax® Tablets relieve constipation overnight, so you can feel like yourself in the morning.
- Two way action stimulates the bowel and helps form soft stools
- The tablets are easy to swallow, and have a special coating so they only work where they are needed, in the bowel. The special enteric coating is resistant to gastric acids and intestinal fluid.
- Worlds #1 OTC laxative brand*
- Contains the active ingredient bisacodyl
Dulcolax® Laxative Tablets can be purchased at pharmacies nationwide.
Purchase now from an online retailer below.
How to use
Active ingredient (in each tablet):
- For dependable effective relief of constipation within 6 – 12 hours
Dosage - as needed
- adults and children over 10 years of age: 1 to 2 tablets at night
- children 6 to 10 years of age: 1 tablet at night
- children under 6 years of age: not recommended
The tablet should be swallowed whole
Do not take within 1 hour after drinking milk or taking an antacid
Drink plenty of water
Contains sucrose and lactose
If symptoms persist seek medical advice
- For further information refer to enclosed consumer medicine information leaflet
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a healthcare professional before use.
What time of day should I take Dulcolax® Tablets?
It is recommended that you take Dulcolax® Tablets when you can allow 6 to 12 hours for the product to work. You may find that it is most convenient to take the product about 30 to 60 minutes before your normal bedtime in order to produce a bowel movement in the morning.
Is it safe to use Dulcolax® Tablets on a daily basis?
Dulcolax is recommended for short term use only. If symptoms persist seek medical advice.
How many Dulcolax® Tablets can I take?
Adults and children over 10 years of age can take 1 to 2 tablets in a single daily dose. It is suggested to take the tablets within 30 to 60 minutes before your normal bedtime to produce a bowel movement the next morning. Children 6-10 years can take one tablet at night. Children under 6 years are not recommended to use Dulcolax Tablets. Please refer to the Dulcolax®
Tablets dosage information on the carton or enclosed leaflet for advice on taking Dulcolax
Tablets. See medical advice for use in children.
How do I use Dulcolax® Tablets? Can I chew or crush them?
Dulcolax® Tablets can be taken with water, but should be swallowed whole. The tablets must not be chewed or crushed. They are small and can be easily swallowed. Do not take Dulcolax® Tablets within 1 hour of consuming dairy products or antacids.
Should I take the Dulcolax® Tablets before, after, or with meals?
Dulcolax® Tablets can generally be taken at any time except within one hour of consuming dairy products or antacids. Dulcolax tablets have a special enteric coating, which protects the tablet from the stomach’s acidic environment and ensures it is released in the small intestine (bowel) where it is needed most.
How do Dulcolax® Tablets work?
Dulcolax® Tablets are designed to stimulate the bowel and help form soft stools. The tablets are coated to prevent the active ingredient from being released until it reaches the part of the intestines (bowel) where it is needed to work.
Can I take Dulcolax® Tablets with milk or dairy products?
No. This product should not be taken with milk or dairy products. Do not take Dulcolax® Tablets within one hour of taking indigestion remedies (antacids) or dairy products such as milk or yoghurt as these could cause the tablet’s comfort (enteric) coating to dissolve before it reaches the bowel which may result in vomiting or cramping.
For additional questions regarding usage, side effects, or storage instructions, please refer to the Dulcolax® Tablets carton label or consumer medicine information leaflet in the carton, or contact your healthcare professional.